Dr. Anat Prior
- Cognitive consequences of bilingualism
- Second and foreign language learning
- Interactions between first and second language systems
- Minority students’ literacy performance
- Reading comprehension in first and second language
- Individual differences in language learning
- Domain general vs. specific bases of language processing
1997 B.A in Psychology and an Interdisciplinary Honor Program in the Humanities (Summa Cum Laude), Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
1999 M.A in Neuropsychology (Magna Cum Laude) Hebrew University. Emphasis: Neuropsychology of memory and language
2005 PhD in Cognitive Neuropsychology, Hebrew University, Israel
- Smith, Y., Walters, J. & Prior, A. (2018). Target accessibility contributes to asymmetric priming in translation and cross-language semantic priming in unbalanced bilinguals. Bilingualism: Language and Cognition. doi:10.1017/S1366728917000645
- Shahar-Yames, D. & Prior, A. (in press). The challenge and the opportunity of lexical inferencing in language minority students. Reading and Writing, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11145-018-9830-0
- Shahar-Yames, D., Eviatar, A. & Prior, A. (2018). The separability of lexical and morphological knowledge: Evidence from Russian-Hebrew language minority children: The role of vocabulary. Frontiers in Psychology. doi: 3389/fpsyg.2018.00163
- Degani, T., Prior, A., , & Hajara, W. (2017). Cross-language semantic influences in different script bilinguals. Bilingualism: Language and Cognition, 1-23.
- Prior, A., Degani, T., Awawdy, S., Yassin, R., & Korem, N. (2017). Is susceptibility to cross-language interference domain specific?. Cognition, 165, 10-25.
- Prior, A., Goldwasser, N., Ravet-Hirsh, R. & Schwartz, M. (in press). Executive functions in bilinguals children: Is there a role for language balance? In Schwieter, J. W. (Ed.) Cognitive control and consequences in the multilingual mind. Amsterdam: John Benjamins Publishing.
- Khateb, A., Shamshoum, R., & Prior, A., (2017)Modulation of Language Switching by Cue Timing: Implications for Models of Bilingual Language Control. J Exp Psychol Learn Mem Cogn.
- Shahar-Yames, D., & Prior, A., (2017) Reading development in upper elementary language minority readers of Hebrew: the specific challenge of fluency. Reading and Writing, 1-23.
- Degani, T., Prior, A., Eddington, C., Areas Da Luz Fontes, A., & Tokowicz, N. (2015). Determiners of translation ambiguity: A within and cross-language comparison. Linguistic Approaches to Bilingualism
- Prior, A., Katz, M., Mahajna, I., & Rubinsten, O. (2015). Number word structure in first and second language influences arithmetic skills. Name: Frontiers in Psychology, 6, 266.
- Kaushanskaya, M. & Prior, A. (2015). Variability in the effects of bilingualism on cognition: It is not just about cognition, it is also about bilingualism. Bilingualism: Language and Cognition. Invited commentary on keynote article by Valian, V. (2014). DOI: 10.1017/S1366728914000510.
Prior, A. (2014). Bilingualism: Interactions between languages (3000 words). In P. Brook & V. Kempe (Eds) Encyclopedia of Language Development. Sage Reference. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9781483346441
Prior, A. (2012). Language representation in bilinguals: Cognitive and neural aspects. In Darmon, A. & Polak, I. (Eds.) What Happens when I read? Linguistic, brain and education research on reading in general, and specifically in Arabic. The Initiative for Applied Educational Research, The Israeli Academy for Science (in Hebrew).
Prior, A. (2012) Reading in more than one language: Behavior and brain perspective. In Molfese, D., Breznitz, Z., Berninger, V., and Rubinsten, O. (Eds.) Listening to many voices: Reading, writing, mathematics and the brain, pp. 131-156. Dordrecht: Springer
Zeltsman-Kulick, R., Katzir, T. & Prior, A.Hebrew Adaptation of the Grey Oral Reading Test. Unpublished assessment tool.
Smith, Y., Walters, J. & Prior, A.Translation norms for Hebrew and English. Translation data for a set of 700 words in Hebrew and English.
Beznos, M. & Prior, A. Hebrew version of the Language Experience and Proficiency Questionnaire. The questionnaire was originally published in English by Marian, Blumenfeld & Kaushanskaya, 2007, and is a widely used tool in bilingual research. Can be downloaded free of charge from the IRIS database