Dr. Aviva Berkovich-Ohana
Head of Laboratory: The Neuro-phenomenological lab studying brain, mind and behavior
- Mindfulness in educational setups
- Sense of self
1992 B.Sc. in Biology, Magna Cum Laude. The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
1996 M.Sc. Biology, Cum Laude. Biology Department, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, and the Institute of Marine Biology,
Gulf of Eilat, Israel
2010 Ph.D. The Interdisciplinary Program in Neuroscience, Bar-Ilan-University, Israel
2015 Postdoctoral Fellow, the Neurobiology Department, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel.
2015 Postdoctoral Fellow, the Neurobiology Department, Sapienza University, Rome, Italy.
- Ergas, O. & Berkovich-Ohana, A. (2017). The Self-Generative Mind in Education: Review and Future Directions. Mind, Brain and Education, 1-14.
- Glicksohn, J., Berkovich-Ohana, A., Mauro, F. & Dotan Ben-Soussan T. (2017). Time Perception and the Experience of Time when Immersed in an Altered Sensory Environment. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience.
- Berkovich-Ohana, A. (2018). What Is the Exact Directional Causality Between Affect, Action and Time-Consciousness? Constructivist Foundations, in press.
- Glicksohn, J., Dotan Ben-Soussan T.Berkovich-Ohana, A., & Mauro, F. Individual EEG alpha profiles indicate individual alpha experiences in whole-body perceptual deprivation. Plos One.
- Berkovich-Ohana, A., Noy, N., Harel, M., Furman-Haran, E., Arieli, A. & Malach, R. Inter-subject consistency of language activations during abstract thoughts. Nature Human Behavior. 10 pages (revise and resubmit).
- Millière, R., Carhart-Harris, R., Roseman, L. Trautwein, M. & Berkovich-Ohana, A. Altered states of self-consciousness: comparing the phenomenology and neurophysiology of meditation and drug-induced experiences. 18 pages. Frontiers in Psychology (revision).
- Glicksohn, J. & Berkovich-Ohana, A. When meditators avoid counting during time production things get interesting. PsyCh Journal.