Dr. Orly Lipka
- Reading comprehension
- Literacy teacher training
- Students at risk at the post-secondary education
1995 B.A. Faculty of Humanities and Faculty of Education, Tel Aviv University
1997 Teaching Certificate, Faculty of Education, Tel Aviv University
1999 M.A Faculty of Education, Tel Aviv University
2003 Ph.D., Educational and Counseling Psychology and Special Education University of British Columbia
2010 M.A. Educational and Counseling Psychology and Special Education University of British Columbia
2004 Post-Doctoral studies, Educational and Counseling Psychology and Special Education University of British Columbia
2008 Post-Doctoral studies, Children’s Hospital, Department of Pediatrics
- Lipka, O. (2017). Reading fluency from grade 2–6: a longitudinal examination. Reading and Writing, 30(6), 1361-1375.
- Lipka, O., Forkosh Baruch, A., & Meer, Y. (2018). Academic support model for post-secondary school students with learning disabilities: student and instructor perceptions. International Journal of Inclusive Education, 1-16.
- Lipka, O. (Under revision). Syntactic Awareness Skills in English of Children with English as a Second Language who Speak Slavic or Chinese Languages as a First Language. International Journal of Bilingualism.
- Lipka, O. (Under revision). A training model for preservice teachers in reading comprehension. Frontiers in Education.
- Huri, M., Lipka, O., & Shechter-Lerner, M. (Under revision). University Facultys’ perceptions about students with learning disabilities. Higher Education Research & Development.
- Siegel, L., & Lipka, O. (2017). The influence of first language on learning English as an additional language. In: Segers, E., & van den Broek Developmental Perspectives in Written Language and Literacy: In honor of Ludo Verhoeven, (pp. 183-198). John Benjamins Publishing Company.
- Share, D., Shany, M., & Lipka, O. (In Press). Dyslexia in Hebrew. In: Perfetti C., Dyslexia across languages. Cambridge University Press.