Prof. Orly Rubinsten
- Number processing Development
- Math anxiety
- Language, attention, and working memory
- ERP, GSR, and Eye tracking
1995 B.A. CumLaude, Department of Behavioral Sciences, Ben Gurion University
1998 M.A. Rehabilitation Neuropsychology, Ben Gurion University
2003 Ph.D. Cognitive Neuropsychology, Ben Gurion University
2008 Postdoctoral studies, The Hospital for Sick Children and University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- Rubinsten, O., & Karni, A. (2017). Innateness of magnitude perception? Skill can be acquired and mastered at all ages (commentary). Behavioral and Brain Sciences. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0140525X16002247.
- Zohar-Shai, B., Karni, A., Tzelgov, Y., Rubinsten, O., (2017). It does exist! A left-to-right SNARC effect among native Hebrew speakers. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance, 43 (4), 719 –728.
- Eidlin, H., & Rubinsten, O. (2017). Developmental dyscalculia and automatic magnitudes processing: Investigating interference effects between area and perimeter. Frontiers in Psychology. ttps://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2017.02206.
- Daches Cohen, L., & Rubinsten, O. (2017). Mothers, Intrinsic Math Motivation, Arithmetic Skills, and Math Anxiety in Elementary School. Frontiers in Psychology, 8, 1939.
- Ashkenazi, S.,Rubinsten, O., & De Smedt, B. (2017). Editorial: Associations between reading and mathematics: genetic, brain imaging, cognitive and educational perspectives. Frontiers in Psychology. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2017.00600.
- Rubinsten, O., Korem, N., Perry, A., Shamay-Tsoory, S. (in press). Different neural activations for an approaching friend versus stranger: Linking personal space to numerical cognition in developmental dyscalculia. Brain and Behavior.
- Tzelgov, J., Zohar-Shai, B., Leibovich, T., Goldman, R., Ben Simon, A., Rubinsten, O., (February 2017). Young Adults with Developmental Dyscalculia Do Represent and Process Number Magnitude (report). National Institute for Testing & Evaluation, ISBN: 978-965-502-205-6 (32 pages).
- Rubinsten, O. (2017). Math anxiety: Who is afraid of math and why (in Hebrew) Its time for education (with more than 10,000 viewers).