Prof. David Share
- Reading and spelling acquisition
- Writing systems
1976-1979 B.Sc. (Hons.) in Psychology, University of N.S.W., Sydney, Australia.
1980-1984 Ph.D. in Psychology, Deakin University, Geelong, Australia.
1985-1987 Neil Hamilton Fairley Post-doctoral Fellow (National Health & Medical Research Council of Australia).
1985-1986 Diploma of Education, Otago University, Dunedin, New Zealand.
- Share, D. L., & Bar-On, A. (2017). Learning to read a Semitic Abjad: The Triplex model of Hebrew reading development, Journal of Learning Disabilities,
- Daniels, P. T., & Share, D. L. (2018). Writing system variation and its consequences for reading and dyslexia, Scientific Studies of Reading, 22(1), 101-116.
- Share, D. L. (2018). Learning to read Hebrew. In L. Verhoeven and C. A. Perfetti (Eds.), Reading Acquisition: Cross-Linguistic and Cross-Script Perspectives. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
- Share, D. L. (2018) Foreword to Peter T. Daniels. An Exploration of Writing. Sheffield, UK: Equinox
- Share, D. L., Shany, M., & Lipka, O. (in press). Dyslexia in Israel. In L. Verhoeven, C. A. Perfetti, and K. Pugh (Eds.), Dyslexia across Languages and writing systems: A Handbook. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
- Share, D. L. (2020) William M. Cruickshank Memorial Lecture Delivered at the 2019 Conference of the International Academy for Research in Learning Disabilities. Extricating Reading Science from Entrenched Anglocentricism, Eurocentricism, and Alphabetism and Embracing Global Diversity: A Personal Journey. International Journal for Research in Learning Disabilities, 4(2), 3-14. https://doi.org/10.28987/ijrld.4.2.3
- Shechter, A., & Share, D.L. (in press). Keeping an eye on effort: A pupillometric investigation of effort and effortlessness in printed word recognition. Psychological Science.
- Yassin, R., Shalhoub-Awwad, Y. & Share, D. L. (in press). The impact of language-specific visual-orthographic features of the Arabic writing system on the development of spelling ability. Frontiers in Psychology.
- Abu-Ahmad, H., Share, D. L., (submitted) Aspects of Early Literacy among Arabic-Speaking Pre-School Children, Applied Psycholinguistics.
- Share, D. L. (submitted) Is the Science of Reading just the Science of Reading English? Reading Research Quarterly.